Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Live up to your potential!

Someone once told me that I should not just think of just being a woman who is worthy of a temple marriage but to be a Bishops wife or a Stake Presidents wife. Then I thought to my self why stop there I mean really you should not just set your sights for the small things you should want to be something GREAT! SO I AM TRYING TO MAKE MY SELF WORTHY ENOUGH TO BE A PROPHETS WIFE! Sometimes we feel like we cant live up to this, BUT WE CAN!!!!! 



"There has come to you as your birthright something beautiful and sacred and divine. Never forget that. Your Eternal Father is the great Master of the universe. He rules over all, but He also will listen to your prayers as His daughter and hear you as you speak with Him. He will answer your prayers. He will not leave you alone."


“I feel to invite women everywhere to rise to the great potential within you. I do not ask that you reach beyond your capacity. I hope you will not nag yourselves with thoughts of failure. I hope you will not try to set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. I hope you will simply do what you can do in the best way you know. If you do so, you will witness miracles come to pass.” -Gordon B. Hinckley



"How sweet is the assurance, how comforting is the peace that come from the knowledge that if we marry right and live right, our relationship will continue, notwithstanding the certainty of death and the passage of time. Men may write love songs and sing them. They may yearn and hope and dream. But all of this will be only a romantic longing unless there is an exercise of authority that transcends the powers of time and death."
--Gordon B. Hinckley, "The Marriage That Endures", Ensign, Jul 2003, 2–7







Every woman is a daughter of God. You cannot offend her without offending Him. I plead with the men of this Church to look for and nurture the divinity that lies within their companions. To the degree that happens, there will be harmony, peace, enrichment of family life, nurturing love.
-Gordon B Hinckley


The women in our lives are creatures endowed with particular qualities, divine qualities, which cause them to reach out in kindness and with love to those about them. We can encourage that outreach if we will give them opportunity to give expression to the talents and impulses that lie within them. In our old age my beloved companion said to me quietly one evening, “You have always given me wings to fly, and I have loved you for it.”-Gordon B Hinckley




Women are such a necessary part of the plan of happiness which our Heavenly Father has outlined for us. That plan cannot operate without them.- Gordon B Hinckley






Elder Marvin J. Ashton related a story of a young woman who set a standard of a temple marriage and was blessed because she followed her standard:
“[A] present-day member of a stake presidency said to me, ‘My wife had much to do with this call which has now come to us. When we were dating, I was inactive in the Church. I gained the courage one night to ask her if she would marry me. To this proposal she didn’t say yes and she didn’t say no. She said, “Where?” I spent the next number of months squaring myself around so I could take her to the temple. She had made her plans, and I loved her enough to rechart my course to coincide with hers. I knew what to do and where I had to go if I wanted to travel at her side’ ” (“Yellow Ribbons and Charted Courses,” New Era, July 1981, p. 16).

2 Corinthians 6:14 
Look closely as you “eye” your prospective marriage partner. You will be yoked together for eternity. Be sure your “eyes” are on the same goals.





President Spencer W. Kimball told the following true story:

“A few years ago a young couple who lived in northern Utah came to Salt Lake City for their marriage. They did not want to bother with a temple marriage, or perhaps they did not feel worthy. At any rate, they had a civil marriage. After the marriage they got into their automobile and drove north to their home for a wedding reception. On their way home they had an accident, and when the wreckage was cleared, there was a dead man and a dead young woman. They had been married only an hour or two. Their marriage was ended. They thought they loved each other. They wanted to live together forever, but they did not live the commandments that would make that possible. So death came in and closed that career. They may have been good young people; I don’t know. But they will be angels in heaven if they are. They will not be gods and goddesses and priests and priestesses because they did not fulfill the commandments and do the things that were required at their hands.
“Sometimes we have people who say, ‘Oh, someday I will go to the temple. But I am not quite ready yet. And if I die, somebody can do the work for me in the temple.’ And that should be made very clear to all of us. The temples are for the living and for the dead only when the work could not have been done. Do you think that the Lord will be mocked and give to this young couple who ignored him, give them the blessings? The Lord said, ‘For all contracts that are not made unto this end have an end when men are dead.’ (D&C 132:7)” (in Conference Report, Japan Area Conference 1975, pp. 61–62).

Elder LeGrand Richards related the following story:
“This was a girl that was the daughter of one of the families that I presided over when I was president of a stake down in California. …
“She started keeping company with a young man who had been baptized a member of the Church, but he was not active in the Church. Then he finally got serious and he proposed to her. Do you know what she said? She said, ‘I will never marry a man who does not honor his priesthood and his membership in the Church. I am going to be able to point to my children and say, “You follow your father.” ’
“Their courtship ended right there. He was not willing to pay the price” 





“The blessings and promises that come from beginning life together, for time and eternity, in a temple of the Lord, cannot be obtained in any other way and worthy young Latter-day Saint men and women who so begin life together find that their eternal partnership under the everlasting covenant becomes the foundation upon which are built peace, happiness, virtue, love, and all of the other eternal verities of life, here and hereafter” (Heber J. Grant, “Beginning Life Together,” Improvement Era, Apr. 1936, pp. 198–99).






"God placed within women divine qualities of strength, virtue, love, and the willingness to sacrifice to raise future generations of His spirit children." Quintin L Cook


Women in the Church Today Are Strong and Valiant

"You devoted sisters who are single parents for whatever reason, our hearts reach out to you with appreciation. Prophets have made it clear “that many hands stand ready to help you. The Lord is not unmindful of you. Neither is His Church.”I would hope that Latter-day Saints would be at the forefront in creating an environment in the workplace that is more receptive and accommodating to both women and men in their responsibilities as parents.
You valiant and faithful single sisters, please know that we love and appreciate you, and we assure you that no eternal blessing will be withheld from you.
The remarkable pioneer woman Emily H. Woodmansee penned the text of the hymn “As Sisters in Zion.” She correctly asserts that the “errand of angels is given to women.” This has been described as “nothing less than to do the direct and immediate bidding of our Father in Heaven, and ‘this is a gift that … sisters … 


claim.’”- Quintin L Cook








NEVER SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS 





THAN A TEMPLE MARRIAGE!!! 




WE ARE CHOICE PRINCESSES OF OUR HEAVENLY FATHER BROUGHT HERE NOW TO BRING FORTH THE THINGS HE NEEDS US TO WETHER THAT MEANS TO BRING CHILDREN T THIS WORLD OR TO BE OF SERVICE TO OTHERS WE ARE VERY SPECIAL TO HAVE BEEN SAVED TO BE HERE NOW!!




This may seem pretty out there for me but i have been thinkin alot about life and what i want and i truly want to be worthy of the temple marriage I deserve and I truly know that we all deserve these things no matter what has happened I know that we can repent and we can make it back to our dear Father in heaven!!








No comments:

Post a Comment